Saturday, July 04, 2009

Tour de Fleece 2009

Phew! It's been a while. I'm unburying the blog because today starts the Tour de Fleece, and I'm going to take part on Team Hoar, with my RR fellows.
My general goal is to spin at least something close to 300g of fiber. That includes 4oz of sw merino/tencel blend, 100g of merino/silk and 100g of tussah silk. The last two will be laceweight, plied together, and I think I'll try navajo-plied laceweight for the first. This is the fiber:

Foto79
SW Merino/Tencel from fiberoptic, custom dyed.

I intend to focus on technique and improve my skills as much as I can, too. My Specific goals:
  1. No pre-drafting allowed, except for colour management, if needed.
  2. No splitting the top, except for colour management, if needed.
  3. Organizing and reading my spinning folder (pdfs, ebooks, articles I have saved in my computer).
  4. Improving the way I build my cops.
  5. Depends on what the prep will allow, but if possible, learning long draw.
  6. Improving speed.
  7. If time allows, spin am extra 100g of cashmere/tussah silk, drafting from the fold (something else to learn).

No comments: