Sunday, September 07, 2008

Still around

I haven't been feeling like blogging lately, and part of it is that I feel a little guilty about not having finished the Ravelympics shawl yet, not having blocked the Queen Anne's Lace shawl yet, or even touched any of the UFOs I have going on. BUT that doesn't mean I haven't done anything in this time.
Eu não tô escrevendo muito esses dias, por uma série de motivos. Parte deles é que eu me sinto culpada de negligenciar vários projetos que mencionei no blog e deixei de lado por enquanto, porque eu comecei a fazer meias. Terminei o par aí embaixo agorinha:
I'm in a sock frenzy. I just finished these:
Wavy socks
Pattern: Wavy socks, by Amy King, in The Knitter's Book of Yarn
Yarn: Mirage, merino/tencel blend, The Natural Dye Studio (I can't find the yarn since the day I ordered. Maybe it was discontinued.)
Needles: 2.5mm
The yarn is very shiny and has a very subtle variegation that I love, but it's not camera friendly. Like fairies, if you really believe it, you can see the variegation in this second pic:
A linha é bem brilhosa e tem uma variação de cor sutil demais pra fotografar, mas eu acho que dá pra ver na segunda foto.
Wavy socks
Not so subtle is the variegation on the first pair of socks I made, the week before I started these:
O outro par que eu fiz antes desse já não é tão sutil:
blackthorn socks
I made these with Pigeonroof Studio yarn, 100% merino wool, in a toe-up plain stockinette pattern with short-row heels, on 2mm needles. I absolutely love these, and I've been wearing them for a week. Good thing that I finished a second pair. At least now I can alternate them.
A peek on what the future holds:
Fling
One of the Yarn Love rovings I just received this week from Sonny and Shear. As soon as my spindle arrives I'm going back to spinning and, hopefully, will have some rainbow yarn to make socks with. (What can I say? I love handknit socks now.)
E logo, logo, eu vou voltar a fiar, assim que receber meu fuso. Eu tenho dois pacotes de lã tingida esperando pra virarem mais meias.

No comments: