Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Project monogamy, once in my life

I've been knitting for little more than 6 months, and crochetting for little more than a year. In this time I already noticed that I tend to have multiple projects going on at the same time. 
Well, I do have lots of UFOs right now, but at least for now I'm focusing on just one project that I want to finish, before going back to something else, or cast on a new project.

Faz pouco mais de 6 meses que eu comecei a tricotar, e pouco mais de um ano de crochê. Nesse tempo eu percebi que eu sempre tenho vários projetos acontecendo ao mesmo tempo.  Agora não é diferente, tem um monte de coisa a terminar, mas pelo mesmo por enquanto eu tô concentrada em terminar esse projeto antes de voltar pra algum outro, ou começar um novo.
Estonian lace scarf
I started this a month ago, and the pic only shows the first panel. The pattern is
Estonian Lace Scarf, by Helene Wallin, and it's just gorgeous. I wanted to make it wider, though, so I'm adding a border that I found on Victorian Lace Today. First I tried the Torchon Lace border, but it was too wide and I wouldn't have enough yarn, so I frogged it all when I had already a whole side done, and started again with the border from the Cap Shawl, same book. Frogging +300 rows of border hurt way less than I expected.

Eu comecei esse xale um mês atrás, e a foto mostra só o primeiro painel terminado. A receita é pra um cachecol, mas eu queria mais largo, então tô acrescentando uma borda. Primeiro eu tentei a borda Torchon Lace, do livro Victorian Lace today, mas era tão larga que eu não teria fio suficiente. Então desmanchei todo o lado que tinha completado e comecei de novo com a borda do Cap Shawl. 
Desmanchar mais de 300 carreiras nem doeu tanto assim...

No comments: